Sunday 6 October 2019

Hercai Season Two Episode 1-3 Review - Lack of ReyMir scenes boring audiences?


I loved season one. I adored season one. Every episode of season one left you on the edge of your seats in anticipation for the next episode. Sure, there was a lot of holes plot wise. But it was a beautiful romantic drama to watch. There was such strong emotions and amazing acting. Coupled with amazing writing, I adored the lines. I adored the way the characters where written. I adored the show and waited patiently for season two.

And then season 2 started.

I would say the first episode was so-so for me. I felt a little bit annoyed with the fact that the Miran I knew and loved who went straight up to Nasuah and told him if he tried to hurt Reyann he would hurt him. I lived for and loved those scenes where you saw our angry young avenging Miran, actually have feelings towards someone else. He is intense. His hatred is intense, and his love is intense. It was the perfect combination with the way Akin Akinozo just literally killed it at being him. We adored Miran. But what annoyed me was that they made this larger than life character look so weak. The build up in season one where he had began questioning his grandmother for me and chose Reyann above everything literally all died in that first episode. Because his resolve was, he will marry her and then after he shows her, who her father really is. He will then get his revenge. It made me wonder does he really even know Reyann in which world of his does he think Reyann would want that. But then I think its still valid because he has been brainwashed for 27 years so I shall give him this much leeway. But then there was still way too much unnecessary scenes of him leaving the house then re-joining and these forced assassinations of Miran. And then them showing us how Azize planned this up till episode three we witness at least two scenes of them trying to show us how smart she is. And at this point I am wondering how is this beautiful show falling apart so badly.

The only redeeming scenes are the mere drops of ReyMir scenes we do get in between but then even those dwindle down by episode three. As we are just shown a build-up of Miran’s jealousy towards Azat. Sure I love his jealousy and possessiveness for Reyann and enjoyed watching him declare to everyone that she will be with him no matter what etc.

I keep finding myself astounded at how stupidly he behaves sometimes, like those conversations with Gonul, sure he feels guilt for what he did to her, but she tried to kill Reyann twice like how do you forgive that or even think she has changed. You have known her your whole life? I just expected Miran to be shown smarter because I adore his character so much I just have these amazingly high expectations towards how he will grow as a person. Don’t get me wrong I love and adore this show, but its lacking big time, I want more scenes of him starring at her. They are married now, I wish we got a bed scene, it didn’t have to be them sleeping together but just comforting each other. I wish we had more scenes of them being sweet with each other back like in season one before the wedding and the big betrayal they had incredibly sweet scenes. Sure Reyann has not forgiven him or trusted him fully, but still I would enjoy watching him work on that. Then just see scenes of Azize planning and plotting. Its insanely boring to me. The less seen of her the better.
I know there is going to be a bigger betrayal behind all of this or something between her and Nasuah yawn. But I cannot bring myself to care about either of those characters.
Now with this random kidnapping of Reyann I feel like we shall predictably find out azat kidnapped her because he wasn’t at the house when Azize showed up. And then they will show us how Miran will retaliate again the Shadolous.
This poking and prodding and Miran holding back to please Reyann hurts my eyes. I wish rather than seeing this I saw Azize had a bigger brain the best way to end Miran and Hazar would be to kill Reyann when will she see that?
Her plans and plots just look too complicated to me, and nobody has time for that. I wish they showed Miran working his way out of her hold. Maybe even showing us him and Reyann staying on their own for a bit.
I feel that two major themes for this season will be Miran eventually thinking Reyann’s pregnant with Azat’s baby/or wants to be with him. There is a build up with his jealousy we keep seeing.

And I feel that Caner guy will be Gonul’s brother.


Hope the show gets better but for now I will say season 2 just sort of disappointing after being so amazing...in season 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment